Phentramin-D, also called Phen-D, is an efficient weight loss drug. You do not need a doctor’s prescription to buy this medication. Due to this reason, there is a lack of knowledge regarding the dosage instructions of Phen-D. You do not have any guidance on how to use it apart from those given on the container because your doctor does not provide any instructions about its usage as he did not prescribe it. This article gives some useful information about how to take this medication.
Phentramin-D Dosage Instructions
It is recommended to take two doses of the weight loss drug per day – one in the morning and the second in the afternoon. The first should be taken an hour before you eat breakfast and the other should be taken an hour before lunch. It is advisable to avoid taking the medicine just after eating something as it may disrupt the process of absorption of the drug by the body.
Sometimes, it is recommended to take only one pill instead of two as this gives you the chance to see if it is causing any serious side effects. You can increase the dosage after a few days.
Phentramin-D Usage Directions
The following directions help you to understand how you can enhance the efficiency of this medication by taking it in the proper way:
- Read the instructions on the container of the medicine and follow them properly.
- It is advisable to take the medicine early in the day as it tends to disrupt the sleeping patterns of the user. It may cause sleep disturbances if you take it before you go to bed.
- You should take the pill on an empty stomach because your body can better absorb the medicine when you are hungry.
- Reducing the dosage by cutting the tablets into half is not recommended. You should always take the whole tablet.
- It is advisable to take the medicine with approximately eight ounces of water as it helps in digesting the pill.
- You should never take this drug along with other weight loss medicines as it may cause some adverse health effects.
- The tablet should never be chewed or crushed.
- It is advisable to avoid drinking plenty of caffeinated drinks while on this medication.
- You should avoid taking Phentramin-D for very long period of time. It is ideal to stop using it after a maximum of three months.
Phentramin-D Missed Dosage
If you miss a dosage, you should take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dosage, skip the missed dose and take the scheduled one. It is never advisable to increase your dosage to make up for the missed dose.
You should consult a physician immediately in case you accidentally take an overdose of Phentramin-D. It is advisable that you drink plenty of water to prevent the medicine in your system dehydrating you. The symptoms of an overdose include:
- Extreme sleeping disturbances during the first few days
- Mild headache
It is important to know how to take the medicine for having the best results and avoiding any unwanted health problems. An over the counter medication, Phentramin-D is easily available online. However, that does not mean the drug will not harm your body if you do not follow the proper usage or dosage instructions.